Moderators | Edit Profile

Kitchen Doctor Bulletin Board » Gall Bladder Flush, Part IX  

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Helen Adams
Posted on Sunday, July 11, 2004 - 11:29 pm:   

Hello Ingrid
I am very impressed by your website and the advice in your forums.
I have read most of the smeesages and articles and will soon have finished them all.
I would like to relate me experience with epsom salts.
I took the Hulda Clark flush (very nervously I might add) and aside from the horrible taste of the Epspm salts in cold water it was pretty painless. No nausea or pain just a lot of toilet trips.
Some different kinds of stuff came out but nothing that seemed to be a stone.
Yesterday I started taking a commercial cleaning kit for liver/kidney/intestines.
At 2 PM today I had bad pains under the ribcage(both sides) causing nausea as well. I took the epsom salts because the pain was very bad and all the pain and nausea dissapeared within 1/2 hour.
Also I mixed the epsom salts with warm water this time and it didn't taste nearly as bad
Thanks again for all the advice
Helen

Ingrid
Posted on Monday, July 12, 2004 - 12:27 am:   

Helen, do keep us posted!

Thanks for sharing this.

Helen Adams
Posted on Wednesday, July 14, 2004 - 02:14 pm:   

Hello Ingrid (and others)
I am on my 4th day of the liver/kidney/intestine cleanse program. Only ill effects are slight nausea at times. Yesterday I eliminated quite afew yellow and green lumps and lots of ugly looking stuff so I assume it is working. No stones today that I can see.

My question is: Is it considered safe to do a parasite cleanse at the same time?

I have been reading a lot on parasites and if I have them I would like to remove them immediately.

I realize I should have done the parasite cleanse first but had trouble finding herbs. (We have one health food store in the entire Yukon which is one more than Inuvik where I lived for the last few years)

I am not asking for a medical opinion of course, just any personal experience or a relevant link.

Thanks
Helen

Ingrid
Posted on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 09:36 pm:   

I have lots on parasites on this site.

My answer is that I would probably have tried to eliminate the parasites first, but now you are midstream so you have to decide what to do from moment to moment.

Gail Myers
Posted on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 07:44 pm:   

I have recently been told that I have gall stones and also Hepitis C I was told by a nurse at the hospital that I stayed in that I should try Milk Thissle I have looking on the internet and the only site that I found that would answer my questions was in Japan If you could give me some information on this herb and maybe if it would help me or if you know some herb that might it would be great.

Barbara
Posted on Sunday, July 25, 2004 - 12:56 am:   

Hi Ingrid

After about 4 years of suffering from gallstones I have now had my gallbladder removed...and feel that other people could benefit from my experience.

Over the past year or so I have taken a course of Stone Free, cut fat from my diet (losing 2 stone in the process) and done a large number of flushes passing a huge number of stones. Recently I was concerned to read letters from people suggesting that these 'stones' were actually just solidified olive oil and not gallstones at all, so when I had an attack two weeks ago, the day before receiving an invitation to go in for the op. I thought they must be right.

In hospital I asked for a scan in case there were less stones, but was told it wasn't possible and that the stones scanned two years ago would still be there.

So my gallbladder was removed. It wasn't a bad op and I was out of hospital within 36 hours. I'm still feeling a bit stiff and have to take it easy for a couple of weeks, but I'm told I shouldn't have any more trouble...though it would be wise to remain on a low fat diet as far as possible, and that suits me because I'm used to it now and don't want to put the weight back on.

Who would like to know what was in my gallbladder after all those flushes? NO STONES! That's right, those green things I passed with the olive oil flushes were, without doubt, gallstones. All that was left in my gallbladder was "sludge, like clay" said the surgeon. So another couple of flushes might have sorted me out.

The moral of the tale for anyone with gallstones is, either have the gallbladder removed as soon as possible to save a lot of pain and suffering, or if you are determined to get rid of the stones by natural means, don't let the sceptics put you off. Keep at it. The other thing I would say is not to use too much oil. The first flush I did used a pint of oil and the juice of 8 or 9 lemons. It made me very ill and I was unable to do another flush for a year, and even then couldn't keep much down.
I found taking just 2 ozs of oil and 2 ozs of lemon juice whisked together and drunk from a wine glass after a couple of days apple fast, worked very well. However, I really had reached a point where I felt I couldn't put another sip of olive oil in my mouth so I don't regret having the op. I'm just glad it's all over at last.

Thanks for the site Ingrid; it's been a great reference and support over the past year.

Ingrid
Posted on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 01:09 am:   

Milk thistle is a major liver protector. It is particularly useful prior to exposure but it can be used to regenerate the liver after exposure to toxins or infection. We sell it in several forms: bulk seed, powder, liquid extract, and tablets. You might also look at the recipe for a smoothie with goji or lycium berries -- on the main part of this site.

Ingrid
Posted on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 01:15 am:   

Barbara,

Thanks for sharing this story. It sounds like you are satisfied with your decision.

For those who are where Barbara was a year ago, I would simply like to state that no one knows why some people have more tendency to create stones than others. At least, this is what conventional wisdom says. Energetic systems of medicine attribute the tendency to excess kapha (Ayurveda) or water/earth. I think the imbalance is such that the body doesn't produce enough gastric secretions to metabolize what is ingested . . . and this, unfortunately, does not change with the removal of the gallbladder. So, as Barbara has said, the need to continue with special diets is still important.

Many blessings.

Annita
Posted on Wednesday, August 04, 2004 - 10:17 am:   

Dear Ingrid

What do you have to say about what skeptics like Ed say about the flush?

http://www.pathguy.com/altermed.htm

excerpt:

It was a nice idea, and interesting things will appear in the toilet bowl soon after. But I'm afraid that they're not your gallstones. Here's why:

Real gallstones are faceted polyhedra, like the ones in the picture on the links below, or else shaped like mulberries. What you'll get from the recipe are spheres. One of my correspondents describes a friend who saved the spheres and displayed them to his friends.

Real gallstones hurt bad when they pass through the cystic and common bile ducts.

Real gallstones sink in water. (As an autopsy pathologist, I'm very familiar with this.) The "gallstones" you'll produce from this recipe will float, as the "alternative thinkers" themselves point out. (They claim that real gallstones float, too. Liars.)

If you know a little basic chemistry, you'll realize what is happening. The Epsom salts are magnesium sulfate, and the grapefruit contains some complex carbohydrates. When these slosh around in the stomach and small intestine, they'll form a tough film which will encase drops of olive oil. This will produce some yellowish balls which will float in the toilet.

NB I've just done the flush I'll tell you what I think soon.

Thanks

Barbara
Posted on Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 06:00 pm:   

I have just visited the site you mention Annita and I couldn't find an e mail address giving me the opportunity to tell him that my gallstones were removed by oil and lemon flushes. Do you think his mind is set and nothing will convince him of the truth?
If it wasn't for his words I would not have had my gallbladder removed. I couldn't believe it when the surgeon said there were no stones left, just sludge. A few more flushes would probably have cleared that so don't be disheartened, it can be done, although it can take a lot of flushes.
Best of luck

steve
Posted on Saturday, August 28, 2004 - 04:06 pm:   

Hi,Ingrid,I have had pain under my right rib cage since April 2004 and have been diagnosed with multiple calculi [stones] and a 1.7cm structure which may be a sludge ball in my gallbladder.I have had 4 flushes since-the first three with success and the last one did not show results-maybe stones did not show...Anyways, I have been watching what I eat-no greasy or fried food,no sweets,etc...but for the last 3 weeks my pain has escalated from the once a week pain to a daily pain.I have been fasting for 2 days consuming only apple juice and water and will attempt my 5th flush.Things look bleak right now as I cannot stand the ongoing dull,numb pain.Surgery might be my next option if the next flush doesn't help.Is the sludgeball a common thing with 'sick' gallbladders???Also note that the first flushes passed were the size of peas to beans-maybe 6-7 at every flush.

Ingrid
Posted on Sunday, August 29, 2004 - 11:08 pm:   

You have not taken any herbs to emulsify the stone? I think that this is safer when the stone is large. You might also consider the possibility that there is something else there besides a stone? How was the diagnosis made? When was the last check up?

Good luck and keep us posted.

steve
Posted on Wednesday, September 01, 2004 - 10:55 pm:   

Well,the flush went well on Sunday with 7 stones passing the first time and about 20 the second round later that day.The gall bladder was sore for about 24-36 hours and then got better.Size of stones varied in size up to the size of olives!!!Ingrid,on Oprah today there was a doctor who was talking about various organ diseases and displayed the gallbladder of all things.He mentioned that once the gall bladder started to produce stones,it will always produce stones.No matter how many flushes you do, the gall bladder will never go back to normal,and the only solution is to have the 'diseased' organ removed.What do you think of his statement?????Also, I have been taking Chanca Piedra tea which is renowned as a stone dissolver in South America.Have you ever heard of this tea??? Thanks.

Cece
Posted on Monday, September 06, 2004 - 05:33 pm:   

Something to consider...
I have read peoples concerns about what to eat, what brings on the attacks, etc... and thought I would offer a perspective I have not yet read about. Last year, I too had an ultrasound revealing gallstones and of course, was directed to a surgeon for the removal of my gallbladder. I have known people within my church to have done the flush and came across this site which helped me piece together what was happening in my body. I did the flush with just apple juice (unfiltered) and olive oil/lemon juice which eliminated the symptoms and pain I had been tolerating over the previous year (often with the help of a lot of tylenol & motrin!) This year, I find myself again experiencing the attacks/pain. I was not surprised when it set back in, as I did not follow up with another flush. Actually, soon after I did the flush, I found out I was pregnant with my 3rd child and with the morning sickness I was dealing with, I could not bear the thought of the flush; especially considering I had no symptoms to "motivate" me. So it is now a year later, I am doing the flush tonight and praying it works as well this time around. One thing I wanted to point out to those having problems in their diet: It is true that fatty foods can cause an attack, however, it is also fat that causes the gallbladder to contract (hence, the olive oil to shock it into spasm). Recently, I have been on a high-protein (atkins-like) regimen to kick up my metabolism after my 3 children. Something I noticed, is that when I do eat high carb or sugary foods is when I get the attacks. Also when I eat fried foods. I was starting to have regular attacks after eating again about 1 month ago. I had already commited to doing atkins and so I went ahead with it even with the attacks as they were not yet severe. Much to my surprise when I started the "induction" phase of atkins, which completely eliminates carbs except for some from vegetables for two weeks, my attacks Stopped! (I half expected them to worsen due to all the fat intake. After the two-week induction, I began to reintroduce carbs to my diet. My attackes quickly returned. They are the worst when I eat high carb, especially sugary, and fatty, FRIED foods. The other fat did not seem to bother me, IE: butter, cheese, sour cream etc... Just a thought...perhaps eliminating sugar and carbs (ie: pop and beer as a couple people indicated had brought on their attacks) would be beneficial to those struggling with the pain... Also, on a seperate note, I read someone say they had gone to frying with only olive oil to eat healthier. I offer a word of caution, as olive oit is very good for you but when heated can produce carcinogens which are known cancer-causing agents. I reccommend cooking with grapseed oil instead, which can be heated to at least 485 degrees safely and has a much higher concentration of omega 3's and omega 6's. Hope this is helpful:-) God's Blessings...

cece
Posted on Monday, September 06, 2004 - 06:31 pm:   

As if I didn't write enough...
I might add that the unfiltered apple juice sugars and fruit sugars do not induce attacks, nor does eating very small portions at a time. It seems a truly balanced diet of fresh fruit, veg's, meats and H20 really does keep the body in good working order... even with gall bladder disease!

Ingrid
Posted on Monday, September 06, 2004 - 06:48 pm:   

Steve,

Sorry I missed that show on Oprah. I don't think it's so much a case of the gall bladder being diseased as the person having a particular diet and constitutional type. The truth is probably that doctors are not only taught certain diagnostic methods, but they have quotas for removing gall bladders. No one ever told them that an organ can be regenerated.

There was a program on TV years ago about yoga, tofu, and the heart. At the end of a one-year experiment, a famous cardiologist was interviewed and asked if he was surprised by the outcome. He said that he was astonished that the participants in the study complied with the diet. Now, imagine how bad it would be for business if a patient were offered a choice of by-pass surgery or strict diet and exercise.

As for chanca piedra, I know it, of course. We sell it, but I have more or less stood by Stone Free as it is so safe.

RuthL
Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2004 - 05:54 pm:   

Is stone free safe to take while breastfeeding?

RuthL
Posted on Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 07:03 pm:   

My doctor thinks I have gallstones, but we won't know for sure until I have an ultrasound. Is it a good idea to start taking Stone Free now or should I wait until I am positive that I have gallstones?

Paul Enri
Posted on Saturday, September 18, 2004 - 11:06 am:   

I've done five flushes now. The first one produced no stones. The second produced 20 - 30 pea-sized and a couple of strawberry sized green-yellow stones. The third more again. For the fourth I fasted 5 days on water (didn't know about apple juice then) and tried a mixture of olive and sunflower oils together with the citrus. Don't know whether it was the fast or the sunflower oil but this produced the best results with hundreds of stones being expelled along with a black sludge. I did a similar regime for the fifth, the only difference being that I fasted 2 days, and only produced 3 stones. So hopefully my stones are nearly gone. About to try another.

I've read the opinions that the stones are not truly stones but if they are formed by the process of the flush I would expect a similar result from each flush, i.e. number, size and shape. My experience is that it builds up and tapers off until eventually no more stones come out.

NB. I undertook the flushes for general cleansing, I did not have any symptons of gall bladder problems but was impressed with the results so continued on doing more - hopefully i'm near the end. Once "cleaned out", I'll be doing a maintenance flush maybe once a year.

I've noticed also that the whites of my eyes are whiter than they've ever been - whether this can be attributed to the flush, fasting, or other I do not know.

PS. A friend of mine suggested the sunflower oil as he had tried it (he forgot to buy olive oil) an produced a black sludge as well - perhaps the sunflower oil has a different effect?

carlos signueva
Posted on Monday, September 20, 2004 - 09:10 pm:   

I have been x-rayed by an ultersound and found without a gall bladder. But I have stones in my common ducts, I guess from the liver. The flush was not working, so I had a scan at the hospital and they said I had colic, so I did what the doctors said and now they took out my gall bladder. What should I do for the formation of stones now?

Thank you.

Ingrid
Posted on Wednesday, September 22, 2004 - 01:30 am:   

Ruth,

No herbalist will ever say that any formula is safe for use by pregnant or breast feeding women, but I think Stone Free is one of the safest formulas there is. This said, anything you take will affect you milk.

Ingrid
Posted on Wednesday, September 22, 2004 - 01:31 am:   

Paul,

As people experiment the way you are doing and report on their results, the answers to the questions will be clear.

Thanks for sharing.

Ingrid
Posted on Wednesday, September 22, 2004 - 01:33 am:   

Carlos,

Something is unclear in your post. The stones form when you are unable to metabolize what you eat. You have to watch your diet.

RuthL
Posted on Saturday, October 16, 2004 - 07:42 pm:   

Well, it seems to have worked!
For the last two weeks, I've been eating one or two Granny Smith apples every day, and drinking about a quart of apple juice too. I've also been taking Stone Free.
On Friday I stopped eating at 3:30 p.m. At 4 I drank 1 TBSP epsom salts dissolved in 8 oz. of water. It was awful. At 6 I had 1 TBSP salts dissolved in 4 oz of water. Still awful, but easier to get down the smaller, although more concentrated, amount.I was very hungry but I managed to not eat dinner. I did drink some water.
At 10 I whisked 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil with 1/2 cup grapefruit juice (The expensive natural kind). I had been dreading this but actually it was really yummy.
After I drank it (slowly over about 20 minutes, standing up), I went to bed and laid on my right side with my right knee drawn up to my chin. This morning I repeated the salts at 7 and 9. Nothing happening. I had a cup of tea, which tasted wonderful. I kept tasting the salts though, so I had a glass of apple cider.
About 9:30 I started visiting the restroom frequently and I passed a whole bunch of little green things. Some were just smaller than a lima bean, but most were the size of peas or lentils or smaller. There may have been some sand-grain sized ones as well.
By 10:45 I had probably passed 300-500 visible stones. Just a guess. Then everything settled down and I've only passed stones once since (it's 2:15). I had read that I should "break my fast" with a baked potato, so that's what I did. I wasn't supposed to put butter or anything on it, but I did use some I Can't Believe it's Not Butter spray and a little salt.
I've had absolutely no pain at all, and even the frequent bathroom visits were not as bad as having a yucky flu. I feel lighter, if that makes sense, and a bit tired. If this took care of my problem, it was certainly painless. Only the salts were unpleasant.

Ingrid
Posted on Monday, October 18, 2004 - 02:02 am:   

Congratulations!

Some people repeat this every few weeks until there are no more results. You did very well.

GenRhett
Posted on Saturday, October 23, 2004 - 01:58 pm:   

Two years ago an irrgular shaped brown splotch about the size of dime appear on each of my cheeks as well as the area of the mustache on men became discolored in brown. The discoloration appeared overnight. I remember having a facial where they use a light acid peal, but should this cause this problem? I wonder if gall bladder problems could cause this condition as well? I am going to do the gall bladder flush today. I need help. I am ready to be through with this problem.

Gulzar Ahmed
Posted on Tuesday, November 23, 2004 - 02:25 am:   

Dear Ingrid

It has been almost two years when we first discovered gallstones during an Ultrasound investigation for my wife's first pregnancy. Everything was normal after the pregnancy and delivery but my wife is having gallstone pain on almost daily basis since August 2004. On getting the examinations and tests done the Doctors have advised for surgery. I came across your site in October this year and decided to try the flush method. Is there anyone from India who has done this flush?

I have an idea how to do flush but can you give me the spcific steps to be followed for an effective flush?

I am planning to do flush in the next 10 days.

Pls. revert asap.

Thanks & regards,
Gulzar

Ingrid
Posted on Wednesday, November 24, 2004 - 09:10 pm:   

Gulzar,

There are two pages in the main part of this site dealing with the flush and there are many pages in the archives section where you can see reader comments. The flush is very safe, but wherever possible, I prefer people to eat the apples or radishes first. You could also see an Ayurvedic doctor to see if he or she has a good remedy for stones that is similar to Stone Free. One of the main ingredients in Stone Free is turmeric, and I suppose there is no shortage of this where you live!

Good luck!

Ingrid Naiman
Username: Admin

Posted on Thursday, December 02, 2004 - 12:08 pm:   

This thread is now continued as Part X

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration